Become a Sun Safety Ambassador!
The Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation is looking for volunteers to train as Sun Safety Ambassadors in 2020. Sun Safety Ambassadors will travel to elementary schools within their city to deliver educational presentations about Skin Cancer and Sun Safety to grades 5 & 6 students. Our ideal Sun Safety Ambassadors will help raise awareness about skin cancer and provide grade students with the tools they need to stay safe in the sun. All volunteers will attend a training session and will receive all materials and tools needed to become a successful Ambassador.
- A time commitment of 2 hours per presentation
- Have some availability between 8:00am to 3:00pm during school days
- Punctuality and reliability
- Access to a vehicle is recommended but not a must
Benefits of Volunteering for the Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation
- Flexibility to choose presentation times that fit your schedule and availability
- Gain public speaking skills
- Gain experience working with children
- Meet and network with new people
- Volunteer experience for resume, scholarships or academic applications
- Certificate of participation showing your contribution to our cause
- Attain a reference letter after a minimum of 10 presentations