Come Volunteer With Us!
We are looking for volunteer presenters to go into elementary schools and deliver educational presentations to grades 5 and 6 students. Volunteers help raise awareness about skin cancer and provide students with the tools they need to stay safe in the sun. All presentations materials are provided.
- A time commitment of 2 hours per presentation
- Morning and early afternoon availability (you will be able to choose your own schedule)
- Some public speaking experience is preferred
- Good with children
- Access to a vehicle is highly recommended but not a must
- A friendly, approachable and sociable personality
- Punctuality and reliability
Benefits of Volunteering for the Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation
- Gain public speaking skills
- Gain experience working with children
- Meet and network with new people
- Volunteer experience for resume, scholarships or academic applications
- Attain a reference letter after 8-10 presentations
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: When do the majority of presentations take place?
A: In-school presentations take place March – June, Monday – Friday, anytime between 9 am – 3 pm. Daytime availability is a requirement for our in-school presenters. Volunteers have the flexibility to book presentations around their busy schedule, using our handy app.
Q: What about transportation to different schools?
A: Volunteers are expected to provide their own transportation to and from presentation locations. Volunteers can select the schools you present at based on location and availability.
Q: What kind of training and support are provided to volunteers?
A: We provide volunteers with one hour of training prior to their first in-school presentation. Our educational coordinators are also available to answer any questions.
Interested in joining our volunteer team? Complete and submit the form below and our coordinators will connect with you shortly.
Q: Do I need to have presentation experience?
A: No, presentation experience is not a requirement. Our educational coordinators provide training on how to deliver presentations. We can also pair you with more experienced volunteers until you feel comfortable presenting on your own.
Sign up to be a Volunteer!