Come Volunteer With Us!
We are looking for volunteer presenters to go into elementary schools and deliver educational presentations to grades 5 and 6 students. Volunteers help to raise awareness about skin cancer and give students the tools they need to stay safe in the sun. Presentations materials are provided.
- Ability to commit an average of 2 hours per presentation
- Have morning and early afternoon availability (you will have the ability to choose your own schedule)
- Some public speaking experience is preferred
- Good with children
- Access to a vehicle is highly recommended but not a must
- A friendly, approachable and sociable personality is a MUST
- Punctuality and reliability
Benefits of Volunteering for the Canadian Skin Cancer Foundation
- Gain public speaking skills and experience working with children
- The chance to meet new people and network
- Add hours of extracurricular activities to apply towards resume, scholarships or academic applications
- Attain a reference letter after 8-10 presentations
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need to have prior experience presenting to volunteer?
A: No, prior experience presenting is not a requirement. Our educational coordinators provide training on how to deliver presentations. We can also pair you with more experienced volunteers until you feel comfortable presenting on your own.
Q: I’m not available during the day for classroom presentations, are their other ways I can volunteer?
A: Yes, we are currently looking for volunteer board members, for more information please contact Heidi at email@example.com
Q: What about transportation to different schools?
A: Volunteers are expected to provide their own transportation to and from presentation locations. The great thing is that you can select the schools you present at based on your location and availability.
Q: When do the majority of presentations take place?
A: In-school presentations take place Monday – Friday, anytime between 9 am – 3 pm. Daytime availability is a requirement for our in-school presenters.
Q: What training and support are provided to volunteers?
A: We provide volunteers with one hour of training prior to their first in school presentation. Our educational coordinators are also available to assist you if with any questions you may have.
Interested in joining our amazing volunteer team? Great! Submit the information below and our coordinators will connect with you shortly!
Sign up to be a Volunteer!